2566 JH Den Haag
Head of the Art Department and scientific illustrator till 2013 of the Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, part of the University of Leiden, now Naturalis Biodiversity Center.
- Koninklijke Academie van Beeldende Kunsten,
- Vrije Academie- Psychopolis, Den Haag, 1968-1970
Membership and Awards
- Society of Botanical Artists, GB en USA, Haagse Kunstkring
- Linnean Society, London
- Certificate of Botanical Merit
- Gold Medal RHS 2004/2005
- Participant in the Highgrove Florilegium of Prince Charles UK
- Award for Excellence in scientific botanical art 2010 ASBA
- Margaret Flockton Award Sydney Australië 2012 second prize
- Participant in the Transylvania/Romania Florilegium of Prince Charles UK
- Participant in the The Florilegium of Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens 2016
- Royal decoration: Ridder in de orde van Oranje-Nassau
Her work is held in many private collections including the Hunt Institute of Botanical Documentation, the New York State Museum, Albany USA, Florilegium Botanical Gardens in Sydney, and Teylers Museum in Haarlem The Netherlands and in Royal and presidential collection.
- Société Française d’ Illustration Botanique
- Romanian Society of Botanical Artists
Pencil, water colour, pen and ink
My source of inspiration is nature, with a special interest in plants. I would like to show the beauty and complexity of the plants all around us, and contribute to an increase in awareness and appreciation thereof. By using a detailed and naturalistic approach, the subjects are as they were lifted above the reality, and in that way receiving special attention.