- 1989-1994: Hochschule der Künste, Berlin
- 1994: Master Desgin
- 2010-2011: Course Botanisch tekenen en schilderen, Hortus Atelier Leiden, taught by Anita Walsmit-Sachs
- 2010-2011: Masterclass taught by Anita Walsmit-Sachs
- 2012: Course ‘Composition’ taught by Anne-Marie Evans, Hortus Atelier Leiden
- 2013: Course ‘Tonal values’ taught by Jenny Phillips, Hortus Atelier Leiden
- 2014: Course taught by Helen Allen, Leiden
- 2016: Course taught by Anne-Marie Evans, Lisse
- 2017: Cursus ‘White flowers’ o.l.v. Beverly Allen
I grew up in the south of Germany, where my family had a huge garden. My parents, both biologists, liked to visit the local Botanical Garden with me, and my father encouraged me to draw plants.
I studied Fashion Design at the Fine Arts School in Berlin. During this time, I focused on textile design and figure drawing.
After working in Hamburg, I moved to the Netherlands. I live near the sea and I love to stroll around in the dunes. The smell of the humid sand and the wild flowers remind me of my childhood, when I used to spend the summers in Zeeland.
At the Hortus Botanicus in Leiden I took part in different workshops and master classes from Anita Walsmit Sachs, Ann-Marie Evans, Jenny Philips and Helen Allen.
The beauty of nature always fascinated me and I love detail.